You may be able to apply for Free certification for your product and display our logo on your marketing material. The process is very simple:
1. Fill out the form to the right >
Remember to check that you are eligible first (see below).
2. Send us your product for review by post, email or by providing a URL (e.g. for online resources).
Please note that we cannot pay for postage or return your product whether you are certified or not.
3. Receive an answer from us shortly after.
Please note that we cannot guarantee how long the process will take. It may take anything from a week to a few months depending on how busy we are and many requests we are dealing with at any one time. Feel free to contact us to check on the progress of your certification.
Free certification is subject to the following conditions. Please check that you meet these specifications before applying.
To be eligible for free certification, applicants must:
- Provide a quality educational service or books* AND
- Provide this educational service entirely free to the public OR
- Be a self published author / small publishing house with a turnover of less that £10,000.00 per annum. OR
- Provide an exceptionally high quality educational resource that would be of particular benefit to our readers
* In the case of books, a hard/electronic copy must be provided for review. In some cases, if a book is particularly long, we may ask that you use our paid certification process.
Free certification differs from paid certification in the following ways:
- Applicants must highlight which aspects of the two curricula their book/resource contributes towards. This is reviewed by Happy Books.
- Logos provided will point out which stages of the curricula the resource contributes to but may not be as specific or unique as in a paid certification.
- Certificates will not be posted, but a printable certificate will be sent out by email
- Profiles may be shorter and less prominent than in paid certification
- There may be a delay in processing applications depending on the size/length of the book/resource and on the number of applications being processed.
- NB: For online resources, we may at times ask that you accept certification for the entire website instead of individual tools/games.
The following resources can be certified:
- Children's story books
- Children's picture books
- Children's games
- Children's activities (e.g. colouring in pictures)
- Children's textbooks
- Online games
- Online interactive activities
- Online Quizzes
- Adult factual and fictional books
- Adult textbooks
- Adult games & activities
If you have a resource that is not listed here and feel that it deserves certification, please contact us with details and we will review your request.