10 tips about - Happy Stage 1 Arabic Assessment
1. Can you recognise the Arabic Alphabet from memory
Recognise and identify all the Arabic letters and recognise the sounds each letter makes
2. Can you understand some basic Arabic words and their meanings?
Recognise and indicate the meaning of some basic Arabic words such as 'Bait - House', 'Ana - I', 'Anta - you' etc
3. Can you recognise Arabic letters joined together to make words
I can recognise Arabic letters after they have been altered to join together in words
4. Can you read Arabic words with some help?
Read simple words written in Arabic with some help from a parent or teacher.
5. Can you read Arabic words without any help?
Read simple words written in Arabic with tashkeel (vowel symbols) without help from a teacher.
6. Can you write the Arabic letters and join them up?
Write the letters of the Arabic language correctly and join them up to form words, correctly altering the letters depending on where they join up with other letters.
7. Can you write your name in Arabic
Write your own name in the Arabic language
8. Can you write new words in Arabic from sounds?
Write Arabic words on your own, deciding which letters to use from the sounds you hear being spoken.
9. Can I pronounce the Arabic letters correctly using the correct parts of my mouth and throat?
Use the correct parts of the throat, mouth, tongue and teeth to pronounce the Arabic letters correctly including making Tafkheem (full mouth sounds) and Tarqeeq (open mouth sounds).
10. Can you pronounce simple Arabic words correctly using the correct parts of my mouth and throat?
Pronounce basic Arabic words correctly using the correct makhaarij i.e. making use of the correct parts of the throat, mouth and tongue to make sounds.
Keeping track of your progress on large tasks like this can be difficult. Complete these one at a time and create your own checklist for FREE using Happy Books To Do Lists, record your progress and manage your tasks using our interactive tool. Start now.