14 tips about - Moving Home
1. Have you checked your current tenancy agreement?
Where applicable, you may need to check your tenancy agreement to find out whether you can leave your current home without incurring charges or being liable for future rent. Also find out how much notice you must give.
2. Have you checked that you can afford to move?
Moving is an expensive decision and you need to be sure that it is the right time to do so. Finding out you do not have enough cash to move into a new property before giving notice is not ideal. Check before making any rash decisions.
3. Have you notified your landlord with sufficient notice?
Make sure you inform your landlord well in advance of moving, allowing sufficent time as mentioned in your tenancy agreement.
4. Have you decided where you want to move to?
Deciding to move is a big decision and not one that can be reversed easily. Be sure you know what location is best for you to move to.
5. Have you researched at homes in the area you are interested?
Research homes in the area you want to move thoroughly, including location of schools, shops, transport, parks, convenience, parking, appropriate rent prices and space.
6. Have you chosen a list of homes you are interested in?
Choose a shortlist of homes that interests you and look into them further.
7. Have you checked distance and convenience for school runs?
Check how long it will take to take the children to school and back, is it convenient?
8. Have you checked convience and distance to your workplace?
Check how convenient your commute to work will be from these homes.
9. Have you checked distance from doctors/dentists/opticians?
Where applicable, you may need to visit a doctor, dentist or optician regularly, in which case you should look to the convenience of this now.
10. Have you checked distance of parks and playgrounds?
Have you checked distance of parks and playgrounds where children can play?
11. Have you check number of bedrooms?
Check that the bedroom has the correct number of bedrooms for what you need.
12. Does the home have a separate living room?
Does the home have a separate living room?
13. Does the home have a garden?
Does the home have a garden?
14. What floor is the property on (does it have a lift)?
What floor is the property on (does it have a lift)?
Keeping track of your progress on large tasks like this can be difficult. Complete these one at a time and create your own checklist for FREE using Happy Books To Do Lists, record your progress and manage your tasks using our interactive tool. Start now.