Read the following extract of a modern non-fiction book and answer the questions
at-Tashabbuh bil-Kuffar - Imitation of non-muslims
You must know not to imitate the disbelievers in their behaviour, sins, religion or festivals. The Prophet Muhammad (saw) always encouraged us to be different from the disbelievers and not to imitate them. He (saw) said,
“Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” Saheeh al-Bukhari
What does the term at-Tashabbuh bil-Kuffar mean?
- Two facedness
- Oaths upon other than Allah
- Imitation of non-muslims
Read the article about at-Tashabbuh bil-Kuffar and point to the main lesson learnt from the topic.
- You must know not to imitate the disbelievers in their behaviour, sins, religion or festivals.
- You must know that it is forbidden for a Muslim to pray in a state of big ritual impurity.
- You must know not to look out for people’s mistakes.
- You must be thankful to Allah for all his blessings upon you.
Explain in your own words what you understand about Imitation of non-muslims.