Read the following extract of a modern non-fiction book and answer the questions
al-Rajaa’ - Hope
You must appeal to Allah and keep hope.
“What is the matter with you, (that you fear not Allah and) you hope not for reward (from Allah).” al-Qur’an, Surah Nuh, 71: 13
And Allah says,
“Verily, those who have believed, and those who have emigrated (for Allah’ (saw) Religion) and have striven hard in the Way of Allah, all these hope for Allah’ (saw) Mercy. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most-Merciful.” al-Qur’an, Surah al-Baqarah, 2: 218
What does the term al-Rajaa’ mean?
- Rejecting what is known by necessity
- Belief in the Angels
Read the article about al-Rajaa’ and point to the main lesson learnt from the topic.
- You must denounce disbelief and have enmity toward it and it’s people.
- You must appeal to Allah and keep hope.
- You must know not to indulge in fortunetelling. The Kaahin is the one who claims that he knows what will happen in the future or that he knows the Ghaib (the unseen). He performs al-Kahaanah – predicting the future.
- You must know not to sell anything prohibited (e.g. Pork, Pornography, idols).
Explain in your own words what you understand about Hope.